Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Highlighter (Champagne Pop)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



How could I have had this for over a month and not have written a review about it?! Anyway, the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop (that's it's full name, but for all intents and purposes for this review, I'm just gonna call it Champagne Pop) came out online on July 2 and in Sephora stores on July 16. Well, of course I got it July 16, I headed over to the mall after my job interview! (Which I sadly ended up not getting...oh well better luck next time)

This is my first Becca product, and I have heard so much good things about their highlighters. They don't come cheap though. Champagne Pop, along with the other powder Becca highlighters (such as Opal and Moonstone) cost $38!! And I had to get Champagne Pop because it's limited edition, due to the collaboration with none other than the famous beauty Youtube Guru, Jaclyn Hill


I watched my first Jaclyn Hill video last year, it was a drugstore makeup tutorial. Towards the end of the video, she talked about how upset she was because commenters were accusing her of only featuring expensive brands in her videos. She got pretty emotional, reminding people that she was in their position once, how she got married at 19 (she's 9 months younger than I am!) and they were pretty strapped for money at the time, and she really wanted the Benefit Watts Up highlighter but couldn't afford it. Well girlfriend doesn't need it anymore, she's making huge bank from Youtube and collaborations with Becca and Morphe brushes and the eyeshadow palette! (Which I regret not getting...)

So yeah, I admit that I partially did buy it for the name, but I also wanted to see if the Becca highlighters were as good as the people or price tag claimed. Sephora describes this shade as soft white gold with pinky peach undertones. At first...I swatched it on my hand and found that it was pretty pigmented. 

Top: One swipe. Bottom: Three swipes.


But when I tried it on my face, I felt like I had to really put a lot of it on because it seemed like it didn't show as much. I really wanted to like it and I really wanted it to be worth the $38. I was wearing it on top of the MUFE HD foundation, and it seemed to make my tiny pores look larger. In addition, I was using my Coastal Scents fan brush to swipe but it didn't seem to pick up as much product. But when I switched to the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (my absolute new favorite foundation...it's perfect for my dry skin, gives me medium coverage in no way exaggerates pores) and used an angled blush brush...it was like night and day! Now I really saw the "pop". I looked like I had that beach babe glow, coupled with my olive skin. Champagne Pop is supposed to be universally flattering for all skin tones, and I agree. As a tan lady, I would think that really white pearl-ish highlighters would wash me out or make me look ashy. Not with Champagne Pop! It gives me the illusion of more sculpted cheekbones.

The best part abut Champagne Pop is that it's not too glittery! I have the Benefit Watts Up Highlighter  (yes, the one Jaclyn cried about) and while it's a beautiful shade and I love the cream texture on my dry skin, I look like a glitter bomb exploded on my face. Hard Candy Tiki is pretty pigmented for it being a Walmart Brand, but it does fall out quite a bit.

So is it worth the $38? I would say yes. I've never been a huge highlighter person until now...I'm a believer! Every other highlighter has been a disappointment until Champagne Pop. If you don't have it, you better get it soon because it's limited edition! And here's how it looks on me:





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar