Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Out and about in Halifax.

 
Oh my, today was a lovely day.  Even nicer, considering it's mid-November.


I have a  book about historical buildings in Halifax as of Centennial year -- 1967.  By the time of its reprinting in 1971, four of those buildings no longer existed.  

After driving Kait to work at the groomers, Trey and I set off to explore downtown Halifax, and maybe find some of those buildings.


This marvellous-looking home, across the street from the Public Gardens  and the Citadel,,
 wasn't in the darn book !  
Sure looks mega-historical to me !

Located in Royal Artillery Park, the residence of the General Officer Commanding ( below), was constructed in 1805.

The building had undergone many changes since it's 1967 photo.

.

Trey and I spent three, carefree hours roaming the city streets in the autumn sun.


We ended up on Spring Garden Road, which is always a bustling, downtown street, but was even more so today.  Trey was very good on-leash, and walked close to my side as we wove our way through the crowds.

Trey was more problematic, when we cut across the grassy slopes around Citadel hill. He seemed to think that because we were in an open, field-like area, that he should be let off his leash for a run.  After I explained to him that he'd jumped to the wrong conclusion, he agreed to walk nicely beside me.


He's a good dog, and we had a lovely time together.


Can't wait to do it again.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar