Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cranberry Nut Bread

Please visit Beth Fish Reads for more food related postings this weekend.



I can still remember the first time I tasted cranberry bread. One Thanksgiving when I was a little girl our next-door neighbor gave us a loaf, and I thought I'd died and gone to eating heaven. I loved it. I'd only known cranberries in a jellied sort of wiggly food at Thanksgiving tables. But this, oh, it was sublime, and I feel the same way all these years later. Here is a very basic and delicious recipe which I found online.

Cranberry Nut Bread

2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped cranberries

3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten

Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Add the chopped cranberries and walnuts to coat with the flour mixture.
Mix together orange juice, sugar, butter, and egg.
Add to the flour and cranberry-nut mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. (I used the mixer)
Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
Bake 55 to 60 minutes (keep your eye on it - mine took a bit less time) or until done - a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar