Thought it would be interesting to chart the changing seasons over the village by walking up the lane and taking photos from the one very small hill close to home.
My May walk was on the 17th and I saw my first Painted Lady Butterfly of the year
From part way up the lane without zoom
First Dog Rose of the season and Cow Parsley everywhere
Zooming in from a bit higher and the church tower appears, wheat field on the left.
Spotted an Elder that I'd not noticed before. There are surprisingly few around so I like to note where I see them ready for making Elderberry Syrup in the Autumn. Last year I picked most from just over the road from home because the road was closed and there wasn't much traffic and I could climb up the bank without fear of being run over!. But this Elder tree will be easier to harvest.
And finally zooming in from the 'highest' part of the lane (not high at all compared to most of the country!) Sugar Beet growing in this field and in the centre of the photo a huge pile of sweet smelling pig or cow muck that has been dumped, somewhat oddly, in the middle of the wheat field. It will be even more pongy when it's spread after harvest.
Then half a mile back down the hill and home.
I'll write myself a note to remind me to take the photos again in mid June.
Back Tomorrow
Sue
0 Yorumlar